Located in the heart of Europe, Bruges is easily accessible:
- By train
- By plane
- By car
- By bus
Arriving from most European cities, there is one transfer in Brussels Midi/Zuid.
For international train connections, check https://www.b-europe.com/EN
Multiple direct daily connections from Brussels, Ghent and Antwerp, and from any other Belgian city to Bruges
For national train connections, check www.belgianrail.be/en/
From the train station to the city centre
- 10 minutes on foot to ‘t Zand square
- 20 minutes to the market square (Markt)
- Buses run frequently from the main entrance of the train station to the centre (about every 10 minutes).
Via Brussels Airport
Daily flights from 200 destinations in 66 countries . Easy access from Brussels Airport to Bruges by train:
Direct train connection from Brussels Airport to Bruges!
Travel time from Brussels airport to Bruges: 1h29
Multiple flights a week by low cost airlines from several European cities.
Direct shuttle services by coach to Bruges are available for individual transfers.
We advise delegates to purchase their shuttle tickets online upfront: www.flibco.com
- E403 – A17 highway Paris – Lille – Bruges
- A11 Antwerp – Bruges
- A17(E403) Kortrijk – Bruges
- E40 Liège – Brussels – Bruges
International coach services
Various coach companies operate bus services to Bruges from the main international transport hubs and from cities abroad. The international bus stop is located at the back of the train station (Spoorwegstraat).
Coach services to/from transport hubs
- Flibco.com organizes 9 daily direct connections to/from Brussels Charleroi Airport. For tickets: www.flibco.com
- OUIBUS organizes between 5 and 9 daily direct connections to/from Lille Europe HST station. Departure times of this coach match the departure times of the Eurostar trains. For tickets: www.ouibus.com
- FLiXBUS ensures daily connections to/from Prague and Krakow, with stops in Frankfurt Airport (terminal 2) and Köln (Cologne) Airport. Starting June 29 FLiXBUS organizes frequent connections to Paris and Brest, with stop-overs in Lille Europe as well as in Charles de Gaulle and Orly Airports. For tickets: www.flixbus.com
Coach services to/from cities abroad
- OUIBUS organizes different daily direct connections from/to Lille. For tickets: www.ouibus.com
- EUROLINES organizes regular connections from/to Amsterdam and London. For tickets: www.eurolines.be
- FLiXBUS organizes regular connections from/to Dortmund, London and daily trips from/to Prague and Krakow. Starting June 29 the company also organizes daily bus services from/to Paris, and regular bus services from/to Brest. The FLiXBUS coaches have stop-overs in various other cities, ensuring that Bruges can be reached easily from Eindhoven, Maastricht, Aachen, Cologne, Bonn, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Würzburg, Nürnberg, Brno, Ostrava, Katowice, Tourcoing, Rennes and Lorient. For tickets: www.flixbus.com